Chambao is a flamenco-electronic band originally from Málaga, Andalusia, Spain, known for a Flamenco Chill sound that fuses flamenco sounds and palos with electronic music. The name of the band is taken from an improvised form of beach tent that is constructed as a means of sheltering from the wind and sun.
Discovered by the Dutch musician Henrik Takkenberg, they started as a trio of Málaga musicians, María del Mar, Eduardo and Dani (who left the band in 2005) they have released two albums of their own. In 2003, they were winners of the Premios Ondas musical award for their debut album, Endorfinas en la mente (Endorphins in the Mind).
Their song Ahí Estás Tú is used in an advert in the United Kingdom advertising 'Andalusia'.
Chambao are: La Mari, Roberto Cantero, Oliver Sierra, Toni Romero, Toni Cantero, Juan Heredia and Pepe Cielo
* 2002: Flamenco Chill, a double CD by various artists that was released by Sony.
* 2003: Endorfinas en la mente (Endorphins in the Mind), the band's first record on their own. It sold over 80,000 copies in 20 countries and received a Premios Ondas award.
* 2005: Pokito a poko (Little by Little); original member Dani contributed to eight of the songs on this album before leaving the band. The album has sold more than 100,000 copies.
* 2006: Caminando 2001-2006, a double CD plus DVD
* 2007: Con otro aire
* 2008: Papeles Mojados (cd single), including Papeles Mojados and the brand new version duet with Elena Paparizou...